Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friday 8/06

"Doing exactly what I can do, no more, no less."

Days go by. The pharmacy has been less busy lately.

A few days ago Erdem starting telling me about his fascination with popcorn - all different flavors, textures, w/ and w/o sugar, etc...

Now I find out he has plans to start a business. He actually has an entire folder of materials outlining everything from equipment, cooking methods, to location and spreadsheets. He tells me he has friends in advertising and one in mall management so location is not a problem. I'm impressed.

I also find out he's a avid book reader. He shows me pages of spreadsheets with titles and authors he wishes to read at some point. He's fascinated with the Kindle and competitor products.

There is no continuing education in Turkey. Erdem had learned about it through the International Pharmacists Society. He thinks this is an attractive idea and is trying to procure CE items from other countries. I will have to share with him my old journals.




The other day we go out for lunch. The guy across from me is Erdem's cousin - actually they're not related but that's what they say for very close friends. He is in the organic foods business and studied in London for some time.




Later tonight, for the first time, Erdem has plans to bring all the students together for drinks.

I don't know what is going on this weekend. A lot of ideas are being thrown around, I am up for anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment