Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday 7/23

I find my hosts, with all the best intentions, are not exactly the best with details. I was told the buses run til 1 am from Taksim. After waiting a hour since 11:15, I end up taking a taksi. The taksi's are reasonable, 12 TL but still.

Last night was fun... All of us students had a nice dinner in Taksim. I meet even more people from the program.

By now I am meeting so many new people I need to be careful to remember what arrangements are going on. Tonight my pharmacist invites me to a beer. The guys at the dorm want to go out sometime. In fact earlier one of them wanted a drink Wednesday but then I ended up going to a small dinner with the pharmacy students. The pharmacy students want to plan a trip up the Bosphorus for Sunday, not to mention the spice market and who knows what else.

The students from Egypt have invited me a place to stay someday whenever I choose to visit Egypt. Another 2 Egyptian students left last night for Europe. They are fun guys and we promise to be in contact.

I will most likely rest the blog for this weekend. I have a feeling there will be a lot of stuff going on and won't have the best time to write.

More pictures to come because they are good way to show what life here is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment